Saturday, May 8, 2010

peanut butter brownies

If you don't like peanut butter and/or chocolate, a) you're crazy, and b) don't bother reading this recipe. But if you DO like peanut butter and chocolate (mixed together to make the best dessert ever), it's your lucky day! This recipe is from the Canadian Living "Best Brownies and Bars" magazine. I spotted it and had to make it immediately.


I think my new little piggy spatula and whisk made the finished product taste even better.

Peanut Butter Brownies
*adapted from Canadian Living "Best Brownies and Bars"

6 oz. chopped bittersweet chocolate
4 oz. chopped unsweetened chocolate (I didn't have any so I used all bittersweet - still turned out great)
1/3 C. butter
1/3 C. natural peanut butter
2 C. sugar
1 tsp. vanilla
4 eggs
1 2/3 C. flour
1 C. chopped salted peanuts
Pinch salt

Topping:
1/3 C. butter, softened
1/4 C. natural peanut butter
2 C. icing sugar (I only used 1 cup, and again, still turned out great!)
1 Tbsp. milk

In saucepan, melt chocolates, butter, and peanut butter over medium heat. Let cool 10 min.

Whisk in sugar and vanilla. Whisk in eggs, one at a time.

Stir in flour, peanuts and salt.

Scrape into 9x13 inch pan and bake at 350 for approximately 25 min. Let cool in pan on rack.

TOPPING:
Beat butter, peanut butter and vanilla until creamy. Do it by hand like me. Then you can burn the calories you're about ingest when the brownies are ready.

Beat in icing sugar and milk. Spread over brownies.

Refrigerate until firm, about 1 hr. Cut into squares.

Optional: Drizzle brownies with melted chocolate before chilling in the fridge. I skipped that step because I thought they would be sweet enough already.

I'm pretty excited for dessert tonight!! (Okay let's be honest, I definitely already "tested" one out. Someone has to).

No comments:

Post a Comment