Classic White Bread
*from Martha Stewart Living, Feb. 2010
1 Tbsp. plus 1 1/2 tsp. active dry yeast
2 1/4 C. warm water (not too hot or it will kill the yeast)
3 Tbsp. plus 2 tsp. honey
4 Tbsp. unsalted butter, melted
7 C. flour
2 Tbsp. coarse salt
1. Sprinkle yeast over 1/2 C. water. Add 2 teaspoons honey, and whisk until yeast dissolves. Let stand until foamy, about 5 minutes. Add melted butter and remaining 1 3/4 C. water and 3 tablespoons honey. Whisk flour with salt, and add 3 cups to the yeast. Mix until smooth. Add remaining 4 cups flour, one cup at a time, mixing until dough forms a sticky ball.
2. Knead dough on a floured surface until smooth and elastic, but still slightly tacky (about 5 minutes). Shape into ball. Transfer to a large greased bowl. Cover with plastic wrap.
3. Let stand in a warm place until dough doubles in volume, about 1 hour. Butter 2 loaf pans. Punch down down and divide in half.
4. Shape dough into 2 loaves and place in pans. Drape with plastic and let rise again, 45 min-1 hour.
5. Bake at 400 for about 45 minutes, or until tops are golden brown. Transfer to wire racks and let cool slightly before turning out loaves.
Enjoy the smell and taste of fresh, homemade bread! Delicious!