Thursday, February 18, 2010

chewy coconut oatmeal cookies



My plan was to make these and put them in the freezer.

The freezer part is going to be tough.

Chewy Coconut Oatmeal Cookies
*adapted from 'The Best of The Best' cookbook

1 C. butter
1 C. white sugar
1/2 C. brown sugar
1 egg
1 tsp. vanilla
1 1/2 C. rolled oats
1 1/2 C. flour
1 C. coconut
1 tsp. baking soda
1 tsp. baking powder
2 Tbsp. honey
1 1/2 tsp. cinnamon

Cream together butter and sugars.

Add egg and vanilla.

Stir in remaining ingredients. Mix well.

Roll into small balls (I used a 1 Tbsp. measuring spoon) and place on greased cookie sheet. Do not press down. Bake at 350 for 10-12 min.

I halved this recipe and still got 30 cookies out of it. The original recipe calls for molasses not honey, and I also omitted allspice and nutmeg (1 tsp. of each) from the original.

So. Darn. Good.

I must go put these bad boys in the freezer and control my compulsion to eat all 30 cookies at once.

No comments:

Post a Comment