Monday, February 15, 2010

go Canada!

The olympics are going on in Vancouver right now, and our city is alive and bustling with all sorts of excitement. The only problem is, we're missing out. :( My mom sent me this maple leaf cookie cutter and I couldn't think of a better time to use it than now! GO CANADA!



I found the BEST cookie recipe here. They have ground coffee in them (yum) - I like them much better than sugar cookies.

I also used a different icing recipe:

1 C. sifted icing sugar
1 Tbsp. milk
1 Tbsp. honey

It's not quite as tidy and perfect as royal icing, but it tastes better and is easier. I LIKE it.




I'm proud of my little maple leafs! And I'm VERY proud to be Canadian.

GO CANADA!


2 comments:

  1. LOVE your cookies!! Great job decorating as well!

    Blessings-
    Amanda

    ReplyDelete
  2. This has the makings for an great commercial. Every single thing on tv right now is super
    sentimental. Your Canada cookies across the other side of the globe? Epic.

    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5NQaWk_GTNc

    ReplyDelete