Friday, March 19, 2010

chocolate avocado cupcakes



Yup, that's right. Chocolate cupcakes...with avocado. I've been eyeing this recipe for awhile, and since I live in a country where avocados cost 10 cents each rather than $10 each, I decided to give it a go! And the result: healthy and scrumptious chocolate cupcakes that don't taste a bit like avocado! I love being sneaky.

Chocolate Avocado Cupcakes

3 C. flour
6 Tbsp. unsweetened cocoa powder
1/2 tsp. salt
2 tsp. baking soda
2 tsp. baking powder
2 C. sugar
1/4 vegetable oil
1/2 C. mashed avocado
2 C. water
2 Tbsp. white vinegar
2 tsp. vanilla

Combine all the dry ingredients, except sugar.

Mix all wet ingredients in a separate bowl. Add sugar.

Mix wet with dry and beat until smooth.

Pour batter into two 9-inch round cake pans (or one cake pan, one muffin tin. I halved the recipe and just made 12 cupcakes).

Bake at 350 until toothpick inserted comes out clean (20 min. for cupcakes, 30-40 min. for cake).

I iced the cupcakes with icing made of cocoa, icing sugar, and brewed coffee, but I didn't measure and I have no idea how much of each I used, so I can't help you out with that one. I think any kind of icing would be good though - chocolate, vanilla, buttercream...or no icing at all.

Enjoy!


No comments:

Post a Comment